Monday, March 9, 2015

3yr Old eaten by Crocodile in Zimbabwe

3 year-old, Lubelihle Nyoni has been eaten by a crocodile on the banks of the Zambezi River in Hwange, northern Zimbabwe, MSN reports.The girl becomes the third person in her family, including her grandfather and uncle to be killed by a crocodile.Reports say Nyoni was playing with her 8-year-old friend Mawili Reno when the crocodile attacked.

According to eye witness and relative Margi Reno:

"I was doing something some few metres from the river when I heard screams before I lifted up my eyes and saw a big crocodile snatching Luba from the banks, where they were bathing. I froze for a moment as my mind could not comprehend what I had seen, but then I recovered and rushed to Mawili, who seemed frozen to the spot."This episode will be the third crocodile attack on juveniles reported in just over two months in Zimbabwe.

In February, a 17-year-old boy herding cattle was reportedly snatched by a crocodile in the Mutirikwi River in south-eastern Zimbabwe while a 16-year-old girl was taken by a crocodile in the Runde River, also in southern Zimbabwe, on New Year's Day.

Little Nyoni's body is yet to be recovered.

Share this

0 Comment to "3yr Old eaten by Crocodile in Zimbabwe"

Post a Comment