Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Adekunle Gold Releases New Photos As He Gears Up To Release His Debut Album

YBNL act, Adekunle Gold has released new photos of him shot by ace photographer TY Bello as we continue to countdown to the release of his new album – GOLD (even though he is yet to announce a date).
Sharing the story behind the beautiful new portraits, one of which will be his album art, the ‘Orente’ singer wrote: “When the thought to start working on album came, I was not sure what I wanted to call it. I prayed to God (as always) to give me a name.
I started talking to my friends to give me ideas. @miss_zbuhari and I were talking about the album title one evening and she mentioned “Gold” amongst many other names, but I dismissed the idea. 🙈
I took my confusion to Twitter and asked friends to suggest a name. Almost everybody suggested “Gold”. Shame didn’t let me go back to Zahra to tell her I’m going with ‘Gold’ until weeks after. Lol.
I spoke to @tybello about my ideas for the album art. She told me she had gotten a revelation 2 days earlier, about Bazaleel of Exodus 31. She didn’t need to explain too much, because I fell in love with the idea almost immediately and started feeling like Bazaleel.

I had an amazing time working with@tybello. She’s phenomenal. I was thrilled that she loved the songs on the album, even though they weren’t finished. Thank you TY!
Stay tuned guys, more exciting news coming up
#StayGold💛
TY also shared her own story behind the shoot. Here’s what she wrote: “ADEKUNLE GOLD: BECOMING KING. I’m looking forward to attending his coronation… I got to hear unreleased music while I made his portraits…Nothing quite like his sound… He’s the real deal…! He’s about to be crowned and I’m certain.
I’m a song writer myself… so I can tell… Nigeria and indeed the world are about to discover their new favorite genius …One day I’ll be boasting about how I heard those songs before they came out. The idea for @adekunlegold’s portraits came two days before he called me. I had just read about Bezaleel on Exodus 31. And how God gave him creative genius to work with Gold, silver and bronze.
I had made some art images that emotionally said everything I wanted but just never felt quite right… Bezaleel’s work spoke to me .. My work was missing some metal .So I began to study the use of metal in sculpture and design….how to bring that into my work.
I was trying to figure out which of my artist friends I’d like to collaborate with when Adekunle Gold’s messages started flooding in… He sent me photographs of designs and concepts with gold elements and asked me what I thought… I just smiled. God had gifted me beautiful work and had taken time to prepare me.
I tried to stay calm as I started going on about how I was trying to decode Exodus 31 and bring it into my work… And roughly described some ideas that I had for his album art. I didn’t need to say much more… He was completely in.
I collaborated with Sobukola Oluwanisola, an artist friend of mine and we decided on using recycled metal built into crowns and deconstructed as pieces for the portraits.
So here are our portraits Rustic and futuristic… Our Adire clad… King explorer… Ready to launch!!”
Now the photos!







Share this

0 Comment to "Adekunle Gold Releases New Photos As He Gears Up To Release His Debut Album "

Post a Comment